We are still battling an epidemic, here and across the globe. HIV and AIDS still has no cure and continues to leave motherless children, childless mothers and shattered families. Here, the CDC just released new research and although some numbers are flattening, our youth are in crisis. So what are you going to do this Saturday? I have a few ideas.
1) Blog, tweet, share about HIV and AIDS. Connect to testing resources, talk about safe sex or pose a question and request comments.
2) Get tested. If you don’t know your status, you’re part of the problem.
3) Get educated. Thete is still too much misinformation out there. If you’re ignorant about the facts, you’re part of the problem.
4) Talk about it. At school, at church, at home. I get it- it’s hard and uncomfortable. Guess what’s harder? Losing a loved one or having an altered quality of life.
5) Avoid risky behavior. Know your syatus, have safe sex, no sharing needles, be careful at the tattoo parlor!!! [Although you get a new disposable needle, blood can be present in the gun and ink; the virus can survive if not exposed to air and at room temp.]
6) Protect yourself and loved ones. If you do all of the above, this one is automatic.