We all have them- favorite holiday movies. Whether we own them or not, I look forward to these films to make me laugh, cry, sigh and remember. This is my top 10.
10. Best Man Holiday – Obviously new to the list.
9. Frosty the Snowman – It is technologically dated, but still a fav. It reminds me of Christmas as a kid.
8. A Charlie Brown Christmas – The Peanuts gang of course! I forgot Lucy was rough!
7. Four Christmases – HI-LA-RI-OUS!!!!!
6. The Santa Clause – This was an original take on the Christmas movie. A new twist for the holiday.
5. Prep and Landing – A great story and chance for kids to see the process and execution of global present delivery.
4. Olive the Other Reindeer – My daughter and I loved this one. How could you not know about Olive?
3. This Christmas – Rife with family drama, laughter, sex and healing, not to mention some awesome actors, I love this movie. Idris Alba. Only drawback is Chris Brown singing a Donny Hathaway classic…you just don’t… Did I say Idris?!?
2. A Christmas Story – Do I need to explain why?
1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
In case I have to say it, the original. The cartoon version is the only one as far as I’m concerned. The Jim Carey grinch is downright scary!!! The Ron Howard production does not register for me ( and I’m a Howard film fan).