RSS

Would You Like a Gun With That?

20 May

image

Chick-fil-a has instituted a no-gun policy for its chain of eating establishments. Other than law enforcement, you can not pack heat when you order the golden nuggets of goodness. You know I’m all for it!

Last year, Starbucks instituted a similar policy.

Advertisements

6 Comments

Posted by on May 20, 2014 in Family, Politics, violence

Tags: ,

6 responses to “Would You Like a Gun With That?

1. 3boxesofbs

May 20, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Do you have a link for that announcement?
    I haven’t seen it yet.
    Or perhaps you mean Chipotle?

• joyinhome

May 20, 2014 at 5:56 pm

You are absolutely right. Chipotle. ..

• 3boxesofbs

May 20, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Chipotle, like Starbucks and Jack in the Box, really didn’t implement a no-gun policy. What they did was put on a press release asking people not to carry in their establishments.

If they wanted to implement a ‘no-gun policy’ then they would have to post signs according to the law. What is really interesting to me is that the store and the employees had no problems with the people carrying there (just like Jack in the Box) but caved into the demands of a professional publicity agent running the Moms Demand Action branch of Mike Bloomberg’s anti-gun groups.

• joyinhome

May 20, 2014 at 8:21 pm

To be clear, I support any establishment that vocalizes the fact the guns are not welcome.

2. 3boxesofbs

May 20, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Again…I understand your position, I’m trying to figure out why.

The store doesn’t have an obligation to protect you. The only people who would obey the request would be the normally law abiding – so you want to patronize places that make it easier and safer for criminals?

• joyinhome

May 20, 2014 at 9:03 pm

It is my opinion to which I’m entitled: I believe that if we had more establishments that were vocal, it wouldn’t only be the law abiding that would skip that place- not talking crazies just robbers. You’re free to disagree. Allowing people to bear arms has not helped with gun violence.